Transition Centre is a Pennsylvania Nonprofit Corporation.
Bill Sharp (Linkedin) and Bob Flatley are co-founders of Transition Centre.
What we do:
Transition Centre provides consultation, coaching, planning and workshops about building your community’s sustainable future. We offer:
- Transitional Awareness: Building awareness of why your community needs to create a resilient, sustainable economy to secure its future.
- Sustainability Master Design: A workable and doable framework for organizing all sectors of your community to secure a high quality future.
- Community Ecosystem Mapping: Identifying, connecting and mobilizing the resources of your community into a self-defining, self-sustaining network of collaborative action.
- Sustainable Economy: Leadership, enterprise and economic redevelopment to reinvigorate your local economy, that adapts to the rapid and erratic changes of the global economic system and that will secure a stable and viable future for your community.
The business we are in is: Prosperity and Quality of Life
That can be achieved today only through local initiatives.
The Mission of Transition Centre:
Promote and develop an integral design for strong, local, human-scaled, self-sufficient and sustainable economies and communities that have resilience to overcome the inevitable challenges arising from economic uncertainty, climate instability and resource depletion.
The Vision of Transition Centre:
Adaptable and innovative communities with the resilience to meet the challenges of the day building on local resources, innovation and regenerative economic redevelopment.
The Objectives of Transition Centre:
- Transition Centre promotes the best practice model of an effective grassroots program for rebuilding local community economic sustainability and a growing level of self-reliance.
- An integral ecosystem architecture of the self-sufficient community and local economy.
- A comprehensive learning institute to prepare youth and adults for the challenges of a society in a state of increasing disequilibrium.
- Innovative leadership capable of guiding the transformation of communities, from villages to urban neighborhoods, to achieve sustainability.
- Provide materials and resources to assist communities to achieve sustainability.
Banner photo by Bill Sharp Copyright (c) 2016