The business we are in is Security: Economic Security and Social Stability.
That can be achieved today only through local initiatives.
Transition Centre is a Pennsylvania Nonprofit Corporation. Bill Sharp (bio) and Bob Flatley are co-founders of Transition Centre.
Promote and develop an integral design for strong, local, human-scaled, self-sufficient and sustainable economies and communities that have resilience to overcome the inevitable challenges arising from.
The Vision of Transition Centre:
Adaptable and innovative communities with the resilience to overcome the inevitable challenges arising from Energy, Environment and Economy instability.
The Objectives of Transition Centre:
1. Transition Centre promotes the best practice model of the Transition Towns movement as an effective grassroots program for rebuilding local community economic sustainability and a growing level of self-reliance.
2. Transition Centre Institute working to develop the integral architecture of the self-sufficient community and local economy.
3. Establish a comprehensive learning institute to prepare children, youth and adults for the challenges of a society in a state of increasing disequilibrium.
4. Develop innovative leadership capable of guiding the transformation of communities, from villages to urban neighborhoods, to achieve sustainability.
5. Develop materials and resources to assist communities to achieve sustainability.
What we do:
Transition Centre provides consultation and workshops about building your community’s sustainable future. We offer:
For questions or consultation please contact us at this site at firstname.lastname@example.org